Nationwide Consumer Protection Lawyers
How To Right A Consumer Wrong
At Legal Justice Advocates, our attorneys and staff provide aggressive legal representation to consumers who have been unfairly harassed by their creditors, defrauded by lenders or injured by unsafe products. When you retain the services of our firm, we provide you with the legal advice and representation you need to assert and enforce your rights against creditors, manufacturers and scammers. The scope of our practice encompasses:
- Debt collection
- Lending fraud
- Consumer health and safety
- Illegal solicitations
Federal and State laws prohibit lenders and creditors from engaging in unfair, deceptive or abusive debt collection practices. Our debt collection attorneys protect people like you from harassing collection calls and intimidating collection tactics. We handle claims involving:
- Fair Credit Billing Act — Creditors are responsible for correcting billing errors with due diligence. When your creditor has failed to reverse unauthorized charges, charged the wrong amount, charged you for merchandise you never received, failed to post payments and other credits, failed to send bills to your current address before the bill came due, or failed to provide you with written proof of purchase, we can help.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act — Even if you owe money on your credit card, auto loan, medical bill or mortgage, your creditors do not have the right to harass you to collect on an outstanding personal loan. Your creditors cannot release false information about your outstanding debt to anyone — including your employer or a credit reporting agency.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act — As a consumer, you have the right to review your credit score and dispute any mistakes in your credit report. In addition, if you have been a victim of identity theft, you can dispute any of those fraudulent charges. Since interest rates, financing charges and required deposits are closely tied to your credit score, it would be in your best interests to contact our attorneys to help you resolve these issues.
If you have been a victim of unethical or predatory lending practices, seek the advice of counsel at our firm. We help people like you fight back against fraudulent practices related to payday loans, refinancing, home mortgages and unconscionable interest rates. We litigate claims relating to the:
- Truth in Lending Act — Your creditors are required by law to explain — conspicuously, in print — the precise terms of any loan they make to you, including the amount being financed, the required minimum monthly payment, the number of payments to be made and the annual percentage rate (APR). If you later discover that a loan you believed to be at a fixed rate is actually a variable rate loan, you may have a claim against your creditor.
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act — Mortgage lenders are not allowed to advertise low interest rates but then charge high rates through their affiliates for a kickback. Such bait-and-switch tactics are illegal, and as a consumer, you can sue if you have been a victim of deceptive real estate practices.
Consumer Health And Safety
As a U.S. citizen, you have the right to medical privacy and freedom from exposure to dangerous or unsafe products. If your rights have been violated, our attorneys can help you pursue a legal claim. We handle litigation relating to the:
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act — Your privacy with regard to your medical history is an enforceable right. Patients who have had this right violated may pursue legal action, and the attorneys at Legal Justice Advocates stand ready to help.
- Pure Food and Drug Act — The government regulates the manufacture and sale of edible products and, the labels of food products intended for human consumption. If a food product has made you ill, you may have a legal claim against the retailer or manufacturer. We can explain your rights and outline your options.
- Consumer Product Safety Act — If you have been injured by a dangerous or unsafe product, give us a call for assistance with your case.
Registrants with the U.S. National Do Not Call Registry have a right not to receive unsolicited calls from telemarketers. If you have registered and your right has been violated, our attorneys can help you take legal action to assert and enforce this right.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation
A consumer protection lawyer at Legal Justice Advocates can evaluate your case and prepare the information needed to proceed to trial. Call our office in the Washington DC area at 202-788-9905 or contact us online for a free initial consultation.